Mobile Wagon fitter
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Mobile Wagon Fitter
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd
Guide Bridge – Mobile
Freightliner is expanding it’s mobile wagon team and is looking for 2 additional Mobile Wagon Fitters to undertake the servicing, maintenance and repair of freight wagons. The position is based at our Guide bridge Vehicle Maintenance Facility where most of our workload is based although some daily maintenance activities will be required at our customer sites based in the North West. You will be required to undertake planned and unplanned maintenance activities on rail wagons in the field using of our fully equipment maintenance vans.
The successful applicant will be responsible for helping to achieve team goals and objectives.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied and followed.
- Maintaining, servicing, and repairing wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping whilst having an ability to identify and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties.
- Being a good communicator.
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- A willingness to be flexible, there may be the occasional night away from home and the opportunity for weekend overtime.
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous
- UK driving licence.
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note that this post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team