Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Semi-Skilled Wagon Fitter
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd– Ipswich
Freightliner Maintenance has built a new wagon maintenance facility located near Ipswich train station. We are now expanding our maintenance team to fully utilise our new facility. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate individuals who like a challenge. This is an ideal role for anyone with previous MOT, truck/trailer maintenance experience who is looking to expand their skills and experiences.
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out planned maintenance on wagons including repairs and helping the Depot to achieve it’s goals and objectives.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards.
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied and followed.
- Maintaining, servicing, and repairing wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensuring all relevant records for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards through our electronic Asset Management System
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping whilst having an ability to identify and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties.
- Being a good communicator.
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- A willingness to be flexible as this role may require some working away from your home location
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous
- Preferably apprentice trained or equivalent and have experience in mechanical maintenance practices
- A UK driving licence.
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note it is planned that this post is works a shift pattern of Monday to Friday alternate earlies and lates. It is also subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team