Engineering Technician A
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen for an Engineering Technician, Grade A within our Locomotive department in Southampton.
Reporting to the SMMD Depot Manager this role involves working on the company’s fleet of Diesel Locomotives within a safety critical environment.
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards.
- Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
- Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with approved maintenance plans.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive recording of maintenance and defect/repair information are kept up to date in accordance with legislative requirements and company instructions.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe environment
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Apprentice trained or time served
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance activities
- Knowledge of rolling stock would be advantageous
- Must hold a relevant Engineering qualification at Lv3
The successful applicant should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has well established experience within a railway maintenance depot environment or a similar engineering background. A flexible approach to working hours is essential as SMMD operates a 24/7 shift roster.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team