Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen for an individual to join Freightliner Heavy Haul as a member of the Static Ground Staff team at Earle's Sidings - Hope.
The successful applicants will need to be safety focused and committed to delivering a safe, reliable and best in class service.
- Conducting safe shunting operations in accordance to the relevant Railway rules and regulations with the goal of dispatching trains efficiently
- Safety checks
- Resolving problems as they may arise
- Clean, full UK manual driving license
- Previous operational experience is desired but not essential
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Safety conscious with the ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Excellent concentration and observation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay important safety messages
- Customer focused and committed to the Freightliner brand
Ideally candidates will be experienced and competent, however full training will be provided for the right candidate.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be required to attend a railway standards new entrant medical and a D&A test.
The role involves shift based working which can include, early, late and weekend working.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team