Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Title of Position:
Head of Sales
- To manage and control the interface between G&W Intermodal UK and our customer base.
- Largely ‘on the road’, managing relationship with mainly non line, non-contracted customers and reviewing tariffs
- To maximise G&W’s revenue by meeting and exceeding business targets/budgets through high utilisation or rail, terminal and road assets.
- To liaise with the customer and Freightliner/Pentalver offices at all levels as required, ensuring a professional approach and image is maintained.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with all departments in Freightliner/Pentalver and the customer.
- To manage and achieve business targets as agreed with the Head of Sales
- Direct accountability on all aspects of non-contracted customer development to produce improved volume/revenue/contribution over all routes.
- To proactively maximise all sales opportunities available from the customer base, considering future strategic planning and opportunities identifying future trends in traffic and any relevant new business ensuring this information is shared with relevant Freightliner/Pentalver personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the Commercial department and the Resource Managers to offer incentives to the customer to maximise utilisation and profit.
- To maintain high standards of customer care at all times and deliver effective communications, within agreed timescales as discussed with your Head of Sales.
- To provide effective and informative information between both the customer and Freightliner/Pentalver.
- To work in conjunction with the finance and Shared service department to ensure that where necessary claims/administration and revenue collection is affected as required.
- To work in conjunction with the platform management teams to provide the right service levels and agree rate structures
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the key performance indicators and actively work to bring them in line with company expectations. Factors such as business gathered through wagon utilisation, common user opportunity, import/export mix, laden/empty mix, customer market share and vehicle utilisation (am/pm split), box rate and any others deemed applicable at the time.
- To provide weekly/daily/periodic reports detailing specific information as directed by Head of Sales
- In conjunction with the Head of Sales complete relevant budget and forecasting within appropriate timescales.
KPI’s / Performance Measures
- Achieve new business from existing non-contracted customers across the three platforms to fill underutilised resource, weekly pipeline showing revenue achieved required
- Achieve new business from new non-contracted customers across the three platforms to fill underutilised resource, weekly pipeline showing revenue achieved required. These will include freight forwarders and road vendors
- Ensure billing and credit control are up-to-date for the non-contracted accounts
- All Freightliner/Pentalver staff and management
- Platform MDs
- Non contracted customers
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team
You’ve got this!