Track & Infrastructure Maintenance Manager
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Track Maintenance Manager
Freightliner Maintenance Ltd
Freightliner are an established and leading rail freight provider who are committed to the continued investment in the latest locomotive technology, wagons and infrastructure to provide the quality of service that surpasses customer expectations. Freightliner is a nationwide operator with a fleet of over 175 locomotives and 2,000 wagons. We boast our own in-house maintenance and overhaul teams undertaking world class engineering out of 6 major maintenance depots and supported by a team of mobile maintenance engineers.
Freightliner are offering the opportunity for a Track Maintenance Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will form part of the management team of the Freightliner Maintenance Ltd business and will take responsibility for the delivery of track inspections and repairs in accordance with the designated standards, schedule and bu.
- Ensure a robust Health and Safety system is in place across the Track Maintenance team to ensure Group safety targets are achieved/exceeded. Follow through robustly on H&S incidents and instil an ethos of continual improvement.
- Ensure track inspections and repairs are completed in compliance with the designated schedule and engineering standards.
- Support the local managers by providing site reports highlighting required repairs and maintenance
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure there is a fully competent recovery team available to attend incidents 24/7 365.
- Work closely with Property teams to understand current requirements for maintenance and highlight areas for improvement opportunities
- Work closely with the Rail Operations teams to effect behavioural change within the operations community to reduce track wear and failures of infrastructure through improper use.
- Support on the development, administration and upkeep of relevant policies and procedures
- Assist as required and within your area of competence
- A proven track record of success in management of a team
- Experience in track and infrastructure is desirable
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers
- Written communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports and letters
- Prioritise and work well under pressure, whilst making key decisions
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information and produce in a clear and logical format
- A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and outlook
- On call safety of the line responsibilities.
The successful candidate should be a cohesive team player, committed to providing a high standard of service to the business and who attacks goals and objectives with drive, energy, and enthusiasm. A flexible approach to working hours is required as there is an On-call responsibility for technical advice and protection of Freightliner’s interests at main-line incidents.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team