Service Delivery Assistant
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Genesee and Wyoming, are one of the world’s largest freight and rail businesses, employing over 7,300 globally. Our UK businesses, Pentalver and Freightliner, employ c2,300 people in a range of capacities, from train drivers through to logistics colleagues and head office/corporate roles.
Our Shared Service Centre, based in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, offers the best of both worlds - a modern office working environment, coupled with true hybrid working.
If you are looking for a career opportunity in a business that is built on service, respect and integrity, this could be the place for you!
As part of our continued development, we are looking to appoint a Service Delivery Assistant on a full-time, permanent basis.
What does the job involve?
- Providing customer service via telephone and email to a dedicated customer group
- Handling customer queries – able to then resolve any issues
- Act as the point of contact between the customer and internal departments to ensure customer service is maintained
- Ensure all customer bookings are to the correct specification and timescales
- Identifying opportunities for account growth
- Assist in customer reporting and analysis
- Ensure contracts are fulfilled and opportunities maximised
What skills or experience do I need to do the job?
- Previous customer service or account management experience in shipping, haulage or freight is required
- Commercial focus – able to spot areas for improvement or growth
- Great communications skills – able to flex your style to the audience
- Demonstrating a pro-active approach to work – able to provide solutions to problems
- Good Excel skills – able to interpret and analyse data effectively
- Have a strong customer service focus – with a professional outlook
What benefits come with this role?
- Hybrid working – split between the office/home
- Salary is dependent on the experience you can bring to the role
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Defined contribution pension
As an inclusive employer, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and abilities
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team