Senior Finance Business Partner
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
As part of our continued business evolution, we are looking to appoint a Senior Finance Business Partner on a full-time, permanent basis.
What does the role involve?
- Being the key finance interface with the engineering leadership team and Director
- Support the leadership team in the presentation of monthly financial performance as well as quarterly and full year updates
- Management of the engineering budgets, forecasts and Capex plans
- Supporting on key decisions around leasing and maintenance agreements
- Develop scenario models for financial contingency planning
- Liaising with multiple internal and external teams on engineering finance matters
- Working with local engineering leadership teams, at other site locations – around the UK
What skills or experience do I need to do the role?
- Be ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with a number of years post-qualification experience
- Previous practical experience in a finance business partner role or commercially focussed finance role – ideally in a large corporate business
- Great communications skills – able to flex your style to the audience
- Demonstrating a pro-active approach to work – able to provide solutions to problems
- Good Excel skills – able to interpret and analyse data effectively
- Strong influencing skills with senior stakeholders
- A full UK Driving Licence – travel to other sites will be required
What benefits come with this role?
- Hybrid working
- Salary is dependent on the experience you can bring to the role
- Can allowance – paid monthly
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Defined contribution pension
Why work for us?
Genesee and Wyoming, are one of the world’s largest freight and rail businesses, employing over 7,300 globally. Our UK businesses, Pentalver and Freightliner, employ c2,300 people in a range of capacities, from train drivers through to logistics colleagues and head office/corporate roles.
Our Shared Service Centre, based in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, offers the best of both worlds - a modern office working environment, coupled with true hybrid working.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and abilities
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team