Lead Driver Trainer
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To train, support and refresh employees, ensuring all meet the required standards. To support and assist in the recruitment and selection process and assisting in special projects as required and necessitated by the business.
a) Responsible to: Training Manager
b) Responsible for: Organising and delivering training to meet legislation, awarding body standard and company policy in a positive, professional, knowledgeable and vibrant manner.
c) Liaison with: HGV drivers, G&W Training Academy, customers new and potential, G&W Managers, training coordinator, HR and HSSE.
Main Tasks of the Job
- Complete driver training in accordance with legislation, best practice and to an agreed schedule to support all drivers in reaching and maintaining the required Company standard;
- Maintain records for training in accordance with company policy and awarding body standard, particularly driver assessments / training records and daily defect sheets;
- Provide a vibrant, engaging and positive approach to training, with strong awareness for legislation, company policy and vision;
- Continually supporting drivers and their training needs;
- Coaching drivers to deliver high standards of driving and providing a competitive advantage through driver training;
- Upskill drivers to ensure safe driving and support the implementation of safe driving initiatives;
- Follow-up on training with candidates on a regular basis to maintain momentum;
- Support the transport office with office duties and driving as and when required;
- Support with the chasing of outstanding documents in a timely efficient manner by liaising with drivers and different departments;
- Liaising with HR to support the recruitment and selection process from attending recruitment events to supporting the interview process and conducting driver assessments and inductions;
- Monitor and promote the trainee programmes, conducting regular evaluations
- Continually striving for improvement and devising new programmes to support and deliver the 20:20 vision;
- Represent the G&WTraining Academy and HR department positively;
- Ensure all Training Academy notice boards are kept up to date and communicating relevant information;
- Promote and support the Skills Matrix;
- Deliver CPC courses and driver evaluations when required;
- Conduct HSSE tours and inductions to a high standard, ensuring that all relevant safety documentation is completed and provided to the relevant parties;
- Perform spot checks and audits on a regular basis to ensure training is effective;
- Support HSSE site checks, reporting anything dangerous or potentially dangerous. Continually suggesting improvements and escalating issues;
- Support HSSE initiatives and embed these initiatives within all employees to maintain Company standard;
- Promote the training academy with existing customers and new customers / markets, up-selling wherever possible;
- Perform training on a one to one basis / in groups with internal and external customers;
- Ensure training is up-to-date and performed for internal and external customers in line with legislation and policy requirements;
- Identify opportunities for the training academy and attract external customers where possible;
- Special projects as and when required;
- Support compliance processes, procedure, ensuring a proactive approach to meet strict standards;
- Observe and understand all risk assessments applicable to your area and the safe systems of work, constantly observing drivers conducting themselves correctly in this regard;
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping;
- Maintain health and safety standards in accordance with safe systems, always wear required PPE, pay meticulous attention to your surroundings at all times, whilst doing the same for your colleagues;
- Support the annual safety day;
- Investigations/Disciplinary management, liaising with the HR department.
- Accident Reporting, collating documentation in a timely manner.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Key Skill Requirements (knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications)
- HGV Class 1 Licence;
- At least 5 years Class 1 Driving experience;
- CPC Instructor/Assessor
- Confident delivery style;
- Personable, with the desire to make a difference;
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving;
- A mature approach to HSSE and training;
- Efficient communication skills;
- Effective persuasive skills, with the ability to challenge and change attitudes;
- The ability to critically evaluate others;
- The ability to ensure records are maintained, with meticulous attention to detail;
- Numerical and analytical skills;
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft application.
- A strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team