Qualified Train Driver - East Anglia
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to work for a business who is transforming the way in which their customers travel?
We are looking for Qualified Drivers to join the team as part of an exciting transformation; with £1.4bn investment in new trains, new station facilities and the backing of a long-term franchise that will transform customer journeys throughout East Anglia it never been a better time to join us.
Train drivers are at the heart of our business, they are integral to the smooth running of our trains and we currently have some exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals to join our incredible team as a Qualified Train Driver at Ilford, Colchester, Southend Victoria, Clacton and Liverpool Street (Anglia).
As a Qualified Train Driver, you will play a key role in our business as we focus on improvements and delivering an excellent service to our customers.
You will be responsible for driving our trains in a safe, punctual, and economical manner in accordance with the Rules & Regulations to meet the needs of our customers. You will be required to communicate effectively, and collaborate with other Greater Anglia colleagues, and other railway interfaces to ensure the smooth running of the train service.
This position will require you to work a combination of shifts which includes early starts, late finishes, weekend, and bank holiday working. You will work an average of 35 hours per week, and shifts are over a 24-hour period.
Full uniform will be provided, to ensure that you embrace our values and brand as a business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a colleague who can work well on their own. You should be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable dealing with both customers and colleagues alike. The successful colleague will be an organised individual with excellent concentration skills which is highly required for this role. You will have the willingness to accept the high level of responsibility associated with this role with the ability to work effectively.
We are building our future talent of Qualified Train Drivers and want to hear from drivers looking for that next challenge in their careers. You must be able to clearly demonstrate your reasons and interest when applying for this position. You will also be required to confirm you have train driving experience and the location you are considering.
Naturally you will have the experience of driving passenger trains across the network, combined with a passion for providing excellent service to ensure our customers get from A to B as seamlessly as possible.
This is a safety critical role; therefore, we are looking for a colleague who has an impeccable safety record to join our operations team.
*Please note you must currently be working as a Qualified Mainline Driver for a train operating company in order to be considered for this posiition*
The closing date for all completed applications is on Friday 8th December 2023
*Please note vacancies can close earlier due to high influx of candidate applications*
To succeed in this role, we are looking for people who can bring our four values to life in your everyday work:
- Genuine … be welcoming, customer-centric and respectful
- Professional… be solution-oriented, accountable and delivering to promises
- Proactive … be progressive, innovative and decisive
- Inclusive … be connected in your thinking, empathetic and promote diversity
Greater Anglia offer a healthy work life balance, holiday entitlement and an environment where you can learn, develop, and grow in your career. If you think you would be a great addition to GA then apply now!
What can we do for you?
- Defined Contribution pension scheme after 2 years option to move across to Defined Benefit (Final Salary) pension scheme
- Free Travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCs for leisure travel
- Free Leisure travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCS for eligible family members
- International travel discount card (FIP) for staff and eligible family members after 12 months service
- Gainshare bonus paid if GA hits relevant yearly targets, up £550 for permanent and £300 for agency
- GA offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave after 26 weeks of service - part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- GA Hapi Benefits App– our great benefits app which includes discounts across many retailers, days out and dining
- 24/7 Employee assistance programme, eyecare and flu jab vouchers and access to physiotherapy services
- Annually issued 12 discount vouchers for family and friends to use
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as Cycle to work and Technology scheme (eligible once passing probation)