Revenue Protection Officer
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for an opportunity?
Greater Anglia operates a busy railway network from London Liverpool Street to destinations across the east of England. We have a high standard of service for our customers throughout their journey experience so they can sit back relax and travel with confidence. Not to mention a whole new set of modernised greener trains, it’s never been a more exciting time to start a career with us. Do you want to be part of the journey? Come along and join Greater Anglia!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Revenue Protection team for a Revenue Protection Officer based at Bishops Stortford.
The key focus of this role is to carry out revenue protection duties, both on our trains and stations. This colleague will be responsible for issuing Penalty Fare notices to passengers who are liable to pay a Penalty Fare and conduct interviews within the scope of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. You would be required to make notes, prepare, and submit reports as well as attending court (where required) to give evidence.
Please note full training will be provided for this role.
Shifts will be a combination of earlies, lates, weekends, and bank holidays between 05:00 and 01:00. The role entails an average of 35 hours per week.
The suitable candidate is responsible for getting to and from their agreed booking on/off location in time to commence a scheduled shift by their own means of transport.
Full uniform will be provided, to ensure that you embrace our values and brand as a business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a colleague who is passionate about promoting innovation, such as new ideas, showing creativity, and ways of capturing revenue. This role will require you to remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining integrity at all times. Ideally you will be an enthusiastic, and hardworking individual, with a drive to provide our customers with excellent service, whilst ensuring that ticketless travel and fraud is reduced.
If you are professional, friendly, and flexible (in your working hours) this could be the role for you. We are looking for a colleague who is able to find solutions, as the role will encounter many different situations daily, whilst providing an excellent service to our customers. Having the willingness to take responsibility associated with this role, as well as working effectively, will be important qualities to possess in this position.
Being able to make decisions quickly, and communicate these effectively, is an essential part of this role. Your commitment to this role is essential, as we strive to make every journey better for our customers.
If you are passionate about developing collaborative working relationships with colleagues and creating a welcoming environment through interacting with our customers, this may be a great opportunity for you.
The closing date for all completed applications is on Friday 22nd September 2023
*Please note vacancies can close earlier due to high influx of candidate applications*
To succeed in this role, we are looking for people who can bring our four values to life in your everyday work:
- Genuine … be welcoming, customer-centric and respectful
- Professional… be solution-oriented, accountable and delivering to promises
- Proactive … be progressive, innovative and decisive
- Inclusive … be connected in your thinking, empathetic and promote diversity
Greater Anglia offer a healthy work life balance, holiday entitlement and an environment where you can learn, develop, and grow in your career. If you think you would be a great addition to GA then apply now!
What can we do for you?
- Defined Contribution pension scheme after 2 years option to move across to Defined Benefit (Final Salary) pension scheme
- Free Travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCs for leisure travel
- Free Leisure travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCS for eligible family members
- International travel discount card (FIP) for staff and eligible family members after 12 months service
- Gainshare bonus paid if GA hits relevant yearly targets, up £550 for permanent and £300 for agency
- GA offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave after 26 weeks of service - part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- GA Hapi Benefits App– our great benefits app which includes discounts across many retailers, days out and dining
- 24/7 Employee assistance programme, eyecare and flu jab vouchers and access to physiotherapy services
- Annually issued 12 discount vouchers for family and friends to use
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as Cycle to work and Technology scheme (eligible once passing probation)