Executive Assistant to Managing Director & Finance Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for an opportunity?
Greater Anglia operates a busy railway network from London Liverpool Street to destinations across the east of England. We have a high standard of service for our customers throughout their journey experience so they can sit back relax and travel with confidence. Not to mention a whole new set of modernised greener trains, it’s never been a more exciting time to start a career with us. Do you want to be part of the journey? Come along and join Greater Anglia!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Assistant (EA) to the Managing Director (MD) and Finance Director (FD) to join the Greater Anglia team. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the role will work closely with the EA to the Director team to provide a complete support service.
Through collaboration with the Chief of Staff, the successful candidate with provide comprehensive diary management and manage the MD's inbox ensuring priority correspondence is escalated as appropriate and seen through to conclusion.
Establishing good working relationships with colleagues at Group headquarters and other rail industry bodies is key to ensure smooth coordination of meetings and preparation beforehand.
Key responsibilities also include:
- Drafting key business letters/briefs for the MD prior to sign off
- Ensure a smooth process of document signing by providing high level summaries to the MD and FD
- Work in conjunction with the EA to Directors to compile monthly reports, production of minutes, and Board papers, as required for Director Team
- Work in conjunction with the EA for Directors to support the Headquarters office management (post, room bookings, stationary, printers, franking machine, lockers, induction forms, name badges)
- Collate credit card statements and personal expenses with receipts and process accordingly.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking someone who has a proven track record of working at a senior management personal assistant level. The successful candidate should have effective written and interpersonal skills with a solid understanding of key Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and Teams as well as having the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
Flexibility is needed for this position, as it will be based at our Stratford office with a hybrid working model. There may also be occasional travel required within the company.
The closing date for all completed applications is on Friday 22nd September 2023
*Please note vacancies can close earlier due to high influx of candidate applications*
To succeed in this role, we are looking for people who can bring our four values to life in your everyday work:
- Genuine … be welcoming, customer-centric and respectful
- Professional… be solution-oriented, accountable and delivering to promises
- Proactive … be progressive, innovative and decisive
- Inclusive … be connected in your thinking, empathetic and promote diversity
Greater Anglia can offer a healthy work life balance, holiday entitlement and an environment where you can learn, develop, and grow in your career. If you think you would be a great addition to <span data-ccp-parastyle="Normal (Web)" data:image="" svg+xml;base64,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"='));" border-bottom:transparent;background-position-x:0%;background-position-y:100%'="" style="user-select: text; -webkit-user-drag: none; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; background-image: var(--urlContextualSpellingAndGrammarErrorV2, url(;;">GA then apply now!
What can we do for you?
- Defined Contribution pension scheme after 2 years option to move across to Defined Benefit (Final Salary) pension scheme
- Free Travel on GA for you and your eligible family members
- Free Leisure travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCS for leisure travel for eligible family members
- International travel discount card (FIP) for staff and eligible family members after 12 months service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave of up to 10 days
- GA offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave after 26 weeks of service - part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- GA Hapi Benefits App– our great benefits app which includes discounts across many retailers, days out and dining
- 24/7 Employee assistance programme, eyecare and flu jab vouchers and access to physiotherapy services
- Annually issued 12 discount vouchers for family and friends to use
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as Cycle to work and Technology scheme (eligible once passing probation)