Platform Host (Train Dispatcher)
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for an opportunity?
Greater Anglia operates a busy railway network from London Liverpool Street to destinations across the east of England. We have a high standard of service for our customers throughout their journey experience so they can sit back relax and travel with confidence. Not to mention a whole new set of modernised greener trains, it’s never been a more exciting time to start a career with us. Do you want to be part of the journey? Come along and join Greater Anglia!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Service Team within Cambridge Station as a Platform Host (Train Dispatcher).
The purpose of this role is to provide a safe environment whilst delivering excellent customer service and seeking opportunities to enhance the customer experience at our station.
Creating a welcoming environment whilst providing pro-active assistance to our customers on and off trains is an important aspect in this role.
This colleague would be responsible for the safe, punctual dispatch of trains and work in accordance of the rule book and operational standards, whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
In addition, the role will also include the day-to-day operation of the platform, assisting customers with their travel needs, and helping mobility impaired customers have a smooth journey.
During disruption, this colleague will be required to provide support and assistance to our customers.
The role will involve working with our Drivers and Conductors to ensure smooth communication and service.
As part of this role, the post holder will be required to comply with safety regulations, reporting faults, hazards, and collaborating with other areas of the business when required.
This position will require you to work a combination of earlies starts, late finishes,weekends and nights. Earliest shift time is from 0440, latest finish is 2315 & the night shift finish is 0600. The suitable candidate must be able to get to the early shifts by own means of transport. The role entails an average of 35 hours per week.
Full uniform will be provided, to ensure that you embrace our values and brand as a business.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a colleague who has a high level of professionalism and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate should be pro-active and friendly when dealing with our customers.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are crucial for this role. This role will require you to remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining integrity at all times. You must be flexible (in your working hours).
The suitable candidate will be familiar about using new technology such as smart phones and the internet as they will be required to show customers how to use these tools.
The successful applicant will be required to attend a medical, as all offers are subject to passing a safety critical medical.
The closing date for all completed applications is on Friday 22nd September
*Please note vacancies can close earlier due to high influx of candidate applications*
To succeed in this role, we are looking for people who can bring our four values to life in your everyday work:
- Genuine … be welcoming, customer-centric and respectful
- Professional… be solution-oriented, accountable and delivering to promises
- Proactive … be progressive, innovative and decisive
- Inclusive … be connected in your thinking, empathetic and promote diversity
Greater Anglia offer a healthy work life balance, holiday entitlement and an environment where you can learn, develop, and grow in your career. If you think you would be a great addition to GA then apply now!
What can we do for you?
- Defined Contribution pension scheme after 2 years option to move across to Defined Benefit (Final Salary) pension scheme
- Free Travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCs for leisure travel
- Free Leisure travel on GA and 75% discount on other TOCS for eligible family members
- International travel discount card (FIP) for staff and eligible family members after 12 months service
- GA offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave after 26 weeks of service - part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- GA Hapi Benefits App– our great benefits app which includes discounts across many retailers, days out and dining
- 24/7 Employee assistance programme, eyecare and flu jab vouchers and access to physiotherapy services
- Annually issued 12 discount vouchers for family and friends to use
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as Cycle to work and Technology scheme (eligible once passing probation)