Passenger Host - Blackfriars
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you have a passion for customer service?
Do you want to join a rail industry full of interesting and rewarding career paths?
Let's shape the railway together and develop your skillset!
We are are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about delivering outstanding customer service at Blackfriars.
As a Passenger Host you are a key member of staff whose responsibility is to provide a high level of information to our customers as well as a feeling of safety, security and well-being whilst protecting the revenue of Govia Thameslink Railway.
Your duties as a Passenger Host fall into three main categories – revenue protection, customer service and security.
You will carry out your duties in a professional manner ensuring that customers are in possession of a valid ticket by undertaking station and on train ticket examinations at various locations and take the necessary action to deal with those individuals without valid tickets. You will be working alongside any contracted security officers, PCSO's, REO's or BTP at stations or on trains enhancing employee and customer safety.
Passenger Hosts work on a shift-basis covering unsocial and irregular hours, including weekends. Due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the first shift and work your last shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
Experience / Skills / Requirements
- A proactive approach coupled with passion and ability to support and develop your team
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical ability
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments
- Confidence to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively
In return, you'll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You'll enjoy great company and industry benefits, as well as the support of a passionate team. Along with comprehensive and ongoing training, your benefits will include free travel on our network, privilege rate oyster card, up to 75% off travel on other TOCs (train operating companies), final salary pension and much more.