Salespoint Assistant RDR
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
Role: Salespoint Assistant (Rest Day Relief)
Locations: Every station from Dorking & Crawley to Arundel
Roster: Full Time, early starts 05:30, late finishes 21:00
Due to the start times and multiple locations you must be able to drive to work.
Are you passionate about delivering outstanding customer service?
Do you enjoy helping people?
This is your opportunity, as you will often be the first and last person our customers will meet on their journey and it is therefore a vital role for making our customers' day!
As a Salespoint Assistant Rest Day Relief you can do just that.
As the RDR you will cover an area of stations from Dorking & Crawley to Arundel between the hours of 05:30 – 21:00 (approximately). You are also responsible for:
- Providing the highest possible standard of advice, information and service to our customers
- Finding the right tickets for our customers
- Advise on, promote and sell to customers the full range of products, services & promotions to their benefit
- Maintaining a safe, attractive retail station environment
- Participating in the safe running of trains and a safe station environment by complying with procedures
Due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the early shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
All stations based roles may involve standing for long periods of time and working shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
You will also be responsible for keeping the station operational and assisting customers where necessary.
Experience / Skills / Requirements:
- A proactive customer approach coupled with passion and ability to support the team.
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow.
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments.
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical ability.
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments.
- Live in the local area to be able to get to and work and home, preferably driving.
- Able to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively.
What you'll get:
Living locally, you'll have a short commute. You will also get a good salary, once trained, in addition to our excellent benefits package which includes 32 days annual leave per year and a final salary pension scheme. In addition to this, you'll get free travel across our networks and 75% discount off other train service providers and leisure travel for your spouse/partner and dependents.