GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are currently recruiting for Train Maintainer at various levels to join our already successful Fleet teams. This is a great opportunity to develop or start your Electrical and Mechanical experience in a new engineering environment. Our engineers are constantly supported in their competences and training, so that we produce excellent work. The size of our train fleet requires a complex engineering support organisation to control activities such as maintenance, engineering support and safety.
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups (family included for leisure)
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies (family included)
- Benefits package
What do we need from you:
Key Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Carry out repair work and routine maintenance to specification.
- Carry out fault finding on units.
- Carry out component changes/heavy lift as required.
- Carry out repairs or additional work arising from examination (Mechanical Electrical or Vehicle building).
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Have transferable experience
- Be physically fit and able to pass a medical to Engineering standard.
- Be able to pass DP Track and PTS course unless specifically exempt.
Please see the attached job description for full information on the role.