Performance Support Engineer
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Want a solid career?
Are you process driven?
Could this be your next step up?
Rail is a fantastic industry to work in, offering real career development and opportunities. We're passionate about having a diverse workforce. We want enthusiastic individuals with great interpersonal skills from all backgrounds to apply for this position and particularly would like to hear from women and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
We are looking for a team player to join us in our Depots.
This is a varied role although you will need to have previous experience or looking for a promotion into this position. You will be versed with the maintenance of modern Traction and Rolling Stock including the use of systems.
We expect you to have first-rate interpersonal skills, with an innate ability to build constructive relationships with people at all levels.
An understanding of operational safety standards and procedures as you will be required to carry out investigations and implement strategies to increase the competency of engineering staff, which you can demonstrate through your experience in delivering reports and analysis to senior management and directors.
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays
- Health Care
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups for you and your family
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies for you, and leisure for your family
- Discounted Oyster Card
- GTR offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave - all part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- StarHub – our great benefits package which, for example, includes discounts with many retailers.
Please see the full role profile for further details.