Competence Development Manager
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
We are currently seeking a Competency Development Manager for our Brighton - Thameslink Traincrew Depot.
You will be reporting to the Lead Competence Manager. Your role will be to develop and maintain a high performing, competent and customer focused team of Train Crew through effective approach of all competence and policy demand.
You must be a Driver of Trains To Apply with a minimum of 3 Years Experience
You will be expected to:
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of GTR Operational Competence Standards and Policies are carried out
- Ensure all assessments are completed as planned and to the appropriate standard.
- To ensure any inadequacy in Train Crew's performance are communicated to the Driver Line Managers along with a proposed plan if the inadequacy is competence related.
You should possess the following:
- Knowledge and competence in all rules and standards applicable to train operation
- A clean record of line of safety
- A1/A2 & L12 or equivalent, nationally recognised competence assessment and coaching qualification
- Ability to lead and a coach a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Competent to drive traction units relevant to your operating area
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups for you and your family
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies for you, and leisure for your family
- Discounted Oyster Card
- GTR offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave - all part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- StarHub – our great benefits package which, for example, includes discounts with many retailers.