Engineering Operations Shunter Manager
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Job Type: Full time
We are recruiting!
We are on the look out for an Engineering Operations Shunter Manager, based out of our Bedford Depot, to help support and co-ordinate our Shunters on the Northern area of our GTR Network.
- Work closely with the Engineering operations team to ensure that all Engineering Staff involved in the operational aspects of train service delivery are trained and competent to professional company and industry standards.
- Continual review of GTR location operating practices and facilities to ensure the delivery of service requirements and operating standards are being met.
- To manage all shunting activities within GTR Sidings in order to provide Safe, Clean, Available, Reliable trains.
- To ensure that all Engineering ground shunters under your control are well informed, supported and appraised.
- To form a workforce that is well motivated and disciplined.
What we offer:
- Final salary pension
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups (family included for leisure)
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies (family included)
- Benefits package
What do we need from you:
- Good Operational Experience, competent to assess driving and shunting staff to professional company standards.
- Detailed knowledge of GTR Depot/Siding Operating practice and procedures.
- Good knowledge of maintenance and train presentational requirements.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Standards and Legislation.
- 5 Years experience in operations and have a good knowledge of train planning requirements.
- Good Knowledge of rule and regulations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, self motivated with the ability to set and achieve demanding targets and objectives.
- Trained in Incident Investigation and root cause analysis
- Good communicator with the ability to motivate others.
Please contact Dale Taggart, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor, on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.