Station Host - City Thameslink
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Station Host you will be passionate about delivering outstanding customer service each and every time. You will often be the first point of contact our customers will meet on their journey and it is therefore a vital role for making our customers' day!
Providing highly visible customer service at stations and responding to customer needs whilst based on the station concourse. Key activities will include providing customer information, monitoring and operating the gateline, selling tickets where required and providing excellent levels of customer service using handheld tablet equipment.
Due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the first shift and work your last shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
All stations based roles may involve standing for long periods of time and working shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
Experience / Skills / Requirements
- A proactive approach coupled with passion and ability to support and develop your team
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments.
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical ability.
- Due to the shift times, which will vary, you must live in the local area and have available independent transport.
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments.
- Confidence to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively.