Lead/Staff Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
This is a hands-on role for a senior back-end engineer whowants to be part of flat-structure organization. The responsibilities are to deliver end-to-end cutting-edge solutions in the form of cloud-native microservices architecture applications leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices. You are expected to be involved in the design and architecture of the solutions while also focusing on the entire SDLC lifecycle stages.
Your technical skills should include:
- Qualifications in computer science or STEM related field (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) or foreign equivalent
- Recent hands-on professional experience as a back-end software engineer in an agile, dynamic and customer facing environment
- Recent experience with using a JVM language (Java/Scala/Kotlin, preferably Java 8+)
- Understanding of distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and web technologies
- Understanding of relational databases
- Desired – understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Desired – understanding of dependency injection frameworks (Spring / Spring Boot, etc.)
- Desired – understanding of security frameworks / standards
- Desired – understanding of data streaming and messaging frameworks (Kafka, Spark, etc.)
- Desired – understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring (Zipkin, OpenTracing, Prometheus, ELK stack, Micrometer metrics, etc.)
- Desired – understanding of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.)
- Experience in all the stages of software development lifecycle (requirements, design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, release and support)
- Desired – experience in automating deployment, releases and testing in continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines
- A solid approach to writing unit level tests using mocking frameworks, as well as automating component, integration and end-to-end tests
Your soft skills should include:
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- Ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team
- Technically curious, versatile and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English