Project Manager - Operations
Job Type: Full time
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with an analytical and logical mindset to understand complex processes, this could be the role for you.
As the Project Manager / Business Analyst role you will focus on the planning, implementation and ongoing support of programs that meet both strategic, business and regulatory demands. Being part of the Projects team, you will be working in conjunction with our internal partners including Operations, Technology, Product, and Business Management.
- Be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of projects, utilising a robust project plan including pragmatic application of project management methodologies, use of a clearly defined delivery roadmap and robust financial and risk management
- Work with project stakeholders (across the various functional groups (Legal, Technology, Middle Office, Business Management), to define and document business requirements
- Manage and prioritize initiatives that are requested by stakeholders
- Plan and perform testing of new functionality and regression testing
- Provide updates on the project status to senior management and stakeholders
- Track and manage project RAID items
- Drive progress against a defined plan, understand challenges and mitigate potential cost or time delays
- Identify and secure appropriate resources for the project; define clear roles and responsibilities for all team members including responsibility for the delivery of project artefacts
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
Applicants should have relevant experience in the industry and fulfil the following requirements:
- Proven experience in change management principles
- Proven experience in project methodology
- Proven experience in business analysis and driving operational change/system development
- Ability to demonstrate leadership of project on a daily basis
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to implement and manage day-to-day tasks
- Identify critical requirements and potential gaps by understanding complex and interdependent processes.
- Good organizational, prioritization skills
- High attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate, present effectively
- Team player who is easy to work with, shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance on high demand & time-sensitive initiatives
- Strong knowledge of MS tools; Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint
- Practical knowledge of JIRA
- Demonstrate capability to co-ordinate different tasks and perform related follow up until completion
- Possesses collaboration, partnership and influencing skills
- Proven experience with Operations and/or Front Office and/or Consulting within banking industry