Senior Fullstack Developer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient, and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
As a an experienced member of our Enterprise Workplace Products group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development life cycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This senior full stack developer role is for our internal workforce JPMC App Store which is a core product that grounds the firm’s mobile strategy. It allows employees to locate and download Enterprise mobile apps and empowers mobile development teams around the company to quickly build, test, release and measure the use of their products.
This role will involve the full software development life cycle including Requirements Definition, Solution Design & Architecture, Development, Testing and Deployment. The core technology stack is Java Spring with React front end therefore suitable experience of Object Orientated design in a modern application stack is a must.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Along with proficiency in the following technologies and software development practices;
Required Technical Skills
- Java 8+
- Spring Framework (spring boot, data, rest, cloud)
- GIT version control
- REST API design
- Microservice architecture and cloud application design
- Hands-on experience with any cloud platform (AWS, Cloud Foundry) or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD, DevOps, and automation
- Excellent knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Good knowledge of database technologies and SQL
Preferred Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Practical experience of AWS
- Databases (CockroachDb, MariaDb, NoSQL)
- Experience of monitoring & alerting tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Datadog, CloudWatch)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.