Director UX Research, Private Bank
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
UX Research Director / Executive Director – User Experience Researcher
We are looking for a creative and resourceful thought-leader who is able to support the creation and on-going development of research teams to address key business objectives and customer needs.
This role reports to the Executive Director, Private Bank. You will work with your peers across Product Management, Design, Data Analytics, and Engineering to envision the future CX for JPM clients and employees, influence product strategy and lead the firm to deliver delightful, authentic and personalized experiences.
Looking for someone who can think outside the box and provide fresh thinking, but we are also looking for an individual who will complement and embody our team culture - caring and empathizing with our customers, showing kindness, seeing a need or pain point and actively reaching out to help.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with Line of Business leadership to strategize and prioritize the discovery, design, and delivery of work
- Lead a team of UX Researchers
- Work with Products and Design and Tech partners to represent the needs and priorities of our customers and your team
- Ensure that work undertaken by the team is clearly tied to measurable business outcomes
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Participate in interviewing team members and enforce a consistent the quality bar for incoming staff
- Provide accurate estimation and prioritization of work items for the team
- Coordinate across teams, both research and design, to identify opportunities for collaboration and shared impact
- Work with Design and Customer Experience (DCE) leadership to define quality bars and best practices for Design Research
- Develop effective systems for understanding and incorporating customer and business needs into the product development process; communicate results of product discovery back to business partners
- Inspire craftsmanship and excellence in research with cross-LOB impact.
- Collaborate with research and design leadership to identify new tools and/or process improvements that drive better alignment and compliance with design systems
- Contribute to next gen research group vision, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s, Masters’ or Ph.D. degree in related field preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience planning and executing user research studies
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategic change in products and initiatives based on customer need, industry shifts and innovation
- Demonstrated ability to drive multiple large complexity initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to explain the benefits of user experience research and integrate within the design planning, estimation, and prioritization process
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate design thinking into the product development process
- Clear articulate communication skills
- Familiarity with banking and finance a plus
- Portfolio or examples of past projects