Prime Brokerage Middle Office Onboarding - Senior Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are a respected financial institution in the world and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan is a market leader in Securities Prime Brokerage. The Global Middle Office Onboarding is responsible for the Client Integration/Implementation of all new PB clients within the Prime Brokerage Platform to JP Morgan. Working closely with our partners across the Business; Transitions Management, Client Service Account Management, Operations, Client Solutions and Product Development to help on-board our Clients successfully and professionally from an operational stand point.
The MO Global Onboarding team consists of people located in New York, Houston, London, HK and Bangalore. We have approximately 25 people in the team globally.
The team looks after the full Onboarding of our Clients, and the operational support for the Prime Brokerage Transition team, working with a variety of internal stakeholders across Front Office; Product Development, Product Control, Client Service, Sales, Corporate Actions, and Technology to provide a seamless and integrated experience to our clients, covering across product. This includes; Cash, SWAP, Fixed Income, Stock Loan and Global Clearing (F&O, OTC Clearing, FX PB) within PRIME.
The opportunity is to join the Global Team looking after the on-boarding of our JPM Clients. The role will entail working directly with our Clients and business partners to successfully onboard our Prime Brokerage clients.
- Partner with the Clients/Vendors and the Front office Business to help on onboard our Prime Brokerage clients.
- Ensure testing and set-up is completed having received the relevant signs off from the Client and other internal groups within JPM before go-live.
- Offer solutions to clients from a Client Integration perspective to successfully onboard the client onto the JP Morgan Prime Brokerage platform.Assist in the full operational set up of reference data across the range of products.
- Managing conversations with clients in regards to their operational set ups and ensure they are implemented seamlessly.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all Prime Products to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of any pre go-live testing, working with internal stakeholders across multiple groups including the front office, product development, middle office and technology to ensure the best experience for new clients.
- Responsible for successful Day One trading, and remediating items preventing full STP
- Co-ordinate client change requests globally across APAC, EMEA and NA and act as the single point of contact for clients on such requests.
The role requires a logical mind, perseverance and the ability to communicate well and to be able to deal confidently with people at all levels in the organization. This is a Client Facing role. You need to have the Client Service skills to talk to our Prime Brokerage Clients and Stakeholders globally and be able to communicate progress of the on-boarding process to senior business stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Prime Brokerage knowledge
- Equity Swap knowledge
- Good PowerPoint and Excel knowledge
- Self-directed, highly motivated, ability to work independently and promote knowledge share globally
- Ability to work to tight deadlines (i.e. Client go-lives)
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple streams of work simultaneously and effectively resolve issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively target messages to different audiences
- Client facing skills; solid understanding of hedge funds and the trading strategies they employ.
- Knowledge and awareness of trade file processing standards/trade booking systems files (Incl SWIFT)
- A good operational understanding of the Prime Brokerage business and products.
- Good project management skills as each client on-board is a project in itself working to tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to talk to external and internal clients confidently within all business areas of the firm.
- Ability to act with urgency
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide clear communication of progress
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to take ownership and responsibility for all on-boards
- Team Player, but also must be able to work independently
- Highly organised, able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Positive “Can Do” attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail