Public Cloud Platform Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Enablement of public cloud for our application workloads is a priority activity for JPMC and as a Software Engineer you will play an important role in the design and development of the foundation public cloud platform and control plane that covers provisioning, telemetry, networking and integration into firm-wide services. You will bring your past experience to a talented group to further evolve the technical capabilities of our organization, drive improvements across our SDLC, and unlock new cloud capabilities for our clients.
The Platform Services group is responsible for defining, engineering, and operating cloud products consumed by our Application Development Partners across the firm. As an experienced Software & Infrastructure Engineer your goal will be to work with our team of technologists to design and implement solutions as part of the Public Cloud Platform team in Platform Services.
- Design and implement scalable and resilient Public Cloud solutions following cloud native design principals and leveraging native services
- Develop, test, and deliver software for a variety of Public Cloud compute services
- Research and leverage modern technologies to meet firm requirements and controls
- Configure logging and monitoring to ensure reliable operation of systems
- Identify issues and work to resolve in a methodical and swift manner
- Share your unique insight with the team and use it to mentor junior engineers
- Analyze and refine stories in collaboration with Product Teams
- Strong experience in at least one programming language, preferably Python, Golang or Java.
- Strong programming skills – needs to be able to work with complex algorithms, follow best practice principles around clean code, and understand the impact of security and scale.
- Expertise in either application, data or infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Ability to dive into complex problems to troubleshoot and implement functional solutions
- Expertise in CI/CD and Automated Testing
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills
- Practical experience with a major public cloud platform (AWS, Google, Azure) accompanied by a relevant certification (e.g. AWS Developer Associate, AWS Solutions Architect Associate etc.)
- Experience with the core foundational services of cloud providers (IAM, S3, VPC, Compute)
- Knowledge of architecture and design across engineering disciplines
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code approaches (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- Optimism and adaptability when faced with challenges and complex situations
- Drive to solve complex problems and continuously optimize processes