Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Equity Exotics Product Controller - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The EMEA Equities business is split into several core businesses:
- Cash – Main activities are Agency and Risk trading for clients, predominantly a commission based business.
- Equity Derivative (EDG) – primarily market making and structuring transactions for clients:
- Volatility – Market making business offering a wide variety of Options, Swaps, Convertibles and Structured Notes solutions to clients, across a spectrum of complexity levels
- Financing – Predominantly offers clients bespoke Equity based financing structures and products.
- Prime – Main activities are Stock / Borrow Lend and Financing activities.
In this role you will be within the EMEA Equities Product Control team which means that you will be supporting the Equity Derivative business activities, specifically within the Exotics team (Volatility).
The primary responsibilities of the Product Control team are:
- Production, validation and reporting of Start of Day Risk and T+1 P&L
- Substantiation and reporting by Greek attribute ie Delta, Gamma, Vega. P&L on a daily basis
- Provide accurate and timely equities market risk analysis
- Obtain daily Risk and P&L Sign off from Front Office
- Production of commentary for P&L primarily across timecycles, legal entities to a variety of stakeholders
- Ownership of adjustments, ensuring appropriate comments, remediation and escalation until resolution
- Material Deal Review, potential off-market and Significant Transaction analysis / write up
- Day 1 P&L GAAP Deferral of Level 3 Assets and Liabilities
- Substantiation of exceptions between Balance sheet / GL and Front Office systems.
- Month end FX trade in/out management
- Ensure adequate, accurate information into a variety of metric and governance forums monthly
- Enhance reporting processes through self generated methods
The specific experience necessary for this position is:
- Extensive Derivatives product knowledge, preferably with Equities specific experience
- Good knowledge of accounting, preferably within the Banking industry.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to identify and drive though change
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA coding preferred)
- Python experience (preferred)