Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a member of the Cassandra engineering team in JP Morgan Chase, you will be working on one of the largest internal database platforms, and one of the largest Cassandra implementations, in the world. You will work with an experienced team of engineers to build automation and self-service tooling for Cassandra in both private and public cloud, with a focus on consumer driven requirements and customer experience. The goal is to deliver a world-class platform, consumable by JP Morgan Chase’s most critical systems, for the use of Apache Cassandra. While Cassandra experience is preferred, it is not necessary. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and a desire to solve complex problems across a broad set of technologies.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery.
- Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java (preferred), Python, Spring Framework, Spring-Boot, Salt, and other similar
- Experience with developing frameworks that helps increase developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, unix/linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as SaltStack and Ansible or similar tools including basic knowledge of Linux configuration and operations.
- Knowledge of concepts related to Database Reliability Engineering (DBRE)
- Previous contributions to the open-source software is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth, career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So, if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.