JPM Payments - EMEA Real Time Payments Product Manager - Associate/Vice President (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Payments provides Payments & Commerce, Trade and Liquidity solutions to clients across the world. Teams are constantly innovating, using the latest technology and data analytics to deliver specialized solutions to help clients grow and streamline their businesses.
EMEA Payments Product Management Team is a dynamic and diverse Product team responsible for product strategy, development, commercialization and local relevance of payment products across the region. The products developed will be used by the global financial institutions and corporations executing payments and will focus on streamlining the client experience while reducing operational costs and risks within the current model.
This is a product management role within the EMEA Real-Time Payments Product Management Team. This role is designed to focus on regional strategic initiatives to build out the future B2C and B2B roadmap. This highly visible role drives the remit of the regional payments transformation by putting the client first to develop best-in-class regionally relevant client solutions.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong experience in strategic development and execution with a background in payment risk and regulation. An interest in developing a digital skillset or those with a digital transformation or payments product background and problem-solving skillset is a necessity. In addition, this individual will be high energy and self-directed with an ability to collaborate across a diverse set of stakeholders.
The role requires a strategic, highly analytical, impact focused, and innovative individual who has a passion for payments, strives to deliver impact for our clients, and can build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders. The successful candidate requires experience in effective communication with partners having varying levels of payments expertise, and leading teams without explicit authority. Important aspects of the role include building product roadmaps, orchestrating delivery across partner product teams, building and refining user stories, and owning responsibility for the end-product delivery.
- Define and deliver EMEA Real Time Payment Product strategy ensuring we achieve market leading and innovative capabilities in line with regulatory requirements with reduced risk and costs whilst driving increased financial profitability
- P&L (Profit & Loss) management including accurate financial planning and delivery against revenue and expense target and accountability of payment execution
- Subject Matter Expert in Payments with a primary focus on Real-Time with an end-to-end understanding and accountability of payment execution
- Participate in industry working groups and drive thought leadership into our strategy, clients and the market
- Regular collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders in order to identify, develop and implement new solutions and product improvements that are globally consistent
- Design, present and own internal training and client facing materials
- Understand the risks inherent in the product and drive programs to reduce or eliminate
- Researching and applying an understanding of innovation in financial services and emerging technologies (e.g., machine learning, blockchain, robotics process automation) to reimagine the future of payments.
- Driving change, consensus, and alignment on the target state vision and roadmap across a diverse set of stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Exhibit a deep-passion for continuous learning and provide knowledge gained throughout the entire organization, beyond the team and line of business, and facilitate classes, workshops, and sharing events.
- Being an active team-player in developing the team (e.g., recruiting), fostering a collaborative and supportive culture, and bringing positivity and a sense of fun to the office.
Qualifications / Experience
- Able to demonstrate experience & knowledge within payments such as
- Experience focused in a payments product management, development, product delivery or comparable role
- Experience with and/or prior collaboration with Sales, Service, Operations and Technology
- Experience in the Financial Services and Payments business
- Strong leadership, financial, analytical and strategic skill set
- Effective change management and strategy management experience. Ability to connect with teams to influence current state mindset, help them adapt to a changing environment.
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility / adaptability to changeable directives
- Solid track record of success in developing and implementing initiatives
- Payment industry group participation and contribution
- Regulatory awareness and experience of rule adoption
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Execution-oriented self-starter who likes to take initiative
- Demonstrated track record of managing risk
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize, set vision and strategy, set direction and balance delivery across various time horizons