Java Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Working in a large software development organization can be challenging, with an overwhelming number of tools, processes and technology choices to deal with. As a Software Engineer in the Pathfinder team, you will build tooling to generate application and infrastructure scaffolding from blueprints, cutting through the noise and paving the pathway to production. Your work will reduce overhead for tens of thousands of technologists, enabling them to create systems that align with modern, strategic approaches, integrated closely with our continuous integration services and target deployment platforms.
As a member of Pathfinder, you'll be joining a high-impact organization stacked with some of the most skilled and influential developers at the firm. We drive developer enablement across JPMC, producing blueprints, frameworks, tooling and documentation relied upon by our large, global technology population. This role requires a technologist with a passion for learning, and the ability to adapt swiftly to new technologies.
- Develop and maintain tooling (web portal, CLI) used to generate projects from blueprints.
- Collaborate with team members to define and shape blueprints.
- Create documentation and learning materials to help developers leverage blueprints effectively.
- Evangelise and support the product through our client communication channels.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
- Experience working in Application Development.
- Significant experience working with Java and Spring Boot.
- Good understanding of fundamental web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
- Experience with Golang, particularly in building command-line tools.