JPM Payments EMEA Liquidity & Account Services Business Manager VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
JPM Payments is one of the world's largest providers of cash management, liquidity, escrow, and commercial card solutions to clients around the world. The organization comprises four lines of businesses which help clients around the world manage their cash and working capital, make and accept payments, and improve their operational efficiency: Global Liquidity & Escrow Services, Merchant Acquiring, Commercial Card and Trade Finance. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
Payments Liquidity & Escrow Services provides a broad range of solutions for clients to manage their global operating liquidity. Global Liquidity includes an array of different products as deposits, short-term investments, and cash concentration products and Escrow is a legal arrangement to hold deposits. Our product set operates in real-time and supports a number large multinational corporate and financial institution clients in managing their liquidity across legal entities, geographies, currencies, and time-zones. The landscape of Liquidity, account, and escrow services is rapidly changing, impacted by new technologies, fintech entrants, and new use cases. Our client demands are growing as new payment types emerge, cash flows become 24x7, and new technologies become globally available. At the same time, market demands are rapidly changing and evolving alongside a complex legal, regulatory, technological, market and tax landscape. Leveraging new technologies to evolve our platform and client value proposition will be key to our continued growth and relevance to clients.
Global Finance & Business Management (F&BM) works to strategically manage financials, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
Business Management optimizes business performance by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
The Business Management team supports the Payments Liquidity management solutions and Escrow business which plays a critical role in the infrastructure and capabilities that enable money movement globally. The team is engaged in both supporting BAU business objectives, as well as shaping the go-forward strategic vision of the business, working with a wide range of product, line of business and functional partners.
We are looking for a growth minded Business Manager to serve on the Business Management team supporting the Liquidity and Escrow business. The team works very closely with BMs in the regions EMEA, APAC, and LATAM. The team plays a core role in presenting and interpreting financial information to the business leads within the organization.
The team believes in a collaborative approach, and relationship building and maintenance will be a key to success in this role. We are looking for a candidate that can collaborate globally across a diverse set of stakeholders in a dynamic environment. This is a highly visible role across the PAYMENTS organization and offers the ability to work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders. A learning mindset is essential.
Role & Responsibilities: In this role you will work with business leads, responsible to explain financial performance and drivers of revenue and expenses for their respective products and advise on how best to execute on strategic and tactical goals. You will rely heavily on MS Excel to analyse/compile/report data, and MS Powerpoint to craft succinct narratives that connect numerical data with real-life activity. You will need strong quantitative skills, as well as the ability to story tell with data. You will need to clearly communicate numerical data. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting and influencing across a diverse slate of stakeholders: diverse in both seniority and geographic location.
- Key point of contact for front office and support functions to help achieve business objectives. Drive data-driven analysis to help facilitate decision making.
- Support global business head of Liquidity & Account Solutions Specialists through pipeline management, strategy development, financial analysis and expense management process
- Key focus of the business is to support Corporate growth – Responsible to create senior management presentations and financial performance reports
- Help communicate the business strategy, performance and priorities globally. Proactively and on request provide strategic analyses and reporting to facilitate business progression
- Organize complex information in a strategic and compelling way, demonstrating strong design acumen and expertise in Excel and PowerPoint techniques. Create wireframes and mock-ups quickly and iteratively for management presentations, reports, and dashboards
- Provide a high level of responsiveness to executive ad-hoc requests related to project management, presentation development, and business analysis
- Client pipeline management, trend analysis
- Summary on client engagement activities and strategic, subjective views compiled for senior exec review
- Ensure the business is in compliance with LOB and corporate-wide objectives and policies
- Build effective relationships and work closely with F&BM colleagues across Payments and Banking
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in a strategic or similar role
- Minimum 5 years of experience within Financial Services, preferably with experience in Transaction Services business
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint – preferably advanced level
- Strong organisational and time management skills; flexibility, ability to prioritise requests and multi-task
- Understanding of liquidity products – preferred
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and effective under pressure
- Strong analytical and numeric skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills; team player
- Ability to work well individually and partner effectively
- Pro-active and problem-solving mind-set with ability to identify, clearly present and implement solutions
- Comfortable presenting to senior (ED/MD) audiences, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work cross-functionally with multiple competing priorities and deliverables
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence