AI Researcher - AI for Tech
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
AI Research Scientist
The goal of J.P. Morgan AI Research is to explore and advance cutting-edge research in AI, to develop and discover principles of impact to J.P. Morgan’s clients and businesses.
We seek to hire researchers to develop novel techniques, tools, and frameworks to model and solve complex large scale problems within the Technology organization. We are assembling a team of experts in Natural Language Processing to pursue primary research, advance the state-of-the-art in these areas, and publish in top AI/ML and Software Engineering venues. We work in collaboration with teams across the firm to tackle some of the most challenging and interesting problems in Technology such as AI for code maintenance and AI for task management.
J.P. Morgan AI Research is present in New York, London and the Bay Area. Conducting AI research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact -- as a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within J.P. Morgan but also to the broader AI community.
You will work on multiple research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers and with applied engineering teams. You will be integral to all aspects of the research lifecycle such as formulating problems, generating hypotheses, developing new algorithms and models, conducting experiments, synthesizing results, gathering data, building prototypes and communicating the significance of your research.
Your output will result in publications in AI/ML conferences and journals, high-impact business applications, open source software and patents.
As a member of the AI research community, you will also have the opportunity to participate in relevant top-tier academic conferences, organize workshops and engage with the community to broaden the impact of your contributions.
- PhD in Computer Science (especially AI/ML) or related fields
- Research publications in prominent AI/ML or Software Engineering venues; e.g., conferences, journals
- Strong expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), natural language processing (NLP)
- Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
- Practical software engineering experience in collaborative project settings
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related fields
- Programming skills in Python
- Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
- Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
- Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with technical and business audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
- Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)