Senior Principal Software Engineer, Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications and platforms to the highest standards. You'll support in delivering the development of a new Global Core Banking Platform which will enable other software engineers to create, maintain and deploy different financial products using modern development techniques.
- Lead architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solutions
- Engage in the planning, architecture, design, and development of solutions that satisfy business requirements
- Stakeholder Management, active engagement & partnership with APO(s) (and PO), Product Cabinet, Scrum Masters etc.…
- Delivery using agile methodology with CI/CD and automated testing and deployment capabilities using devops
- Develop people on technical, domain and leadership capabilities with active coaching.
- Drive execution capabilities and efficiencies across the organization
- Utilize excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving and decision-making skills
- 3+ years of programming experience with Go Lang
- 4+ years of programming experience with other modern languages such as Java, C++, or NodeJS including object-oriented design
- Strong experience working in public cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience building platforms where customers are other software engineers
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current system
- Strong software industry experience in developing and launching production grade software
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of design patterns, technical standards and enterprise architecture.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture, domain modelling and interface definitions, service communication methods, data modelling.
- Understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring (Zipkin, Prometheus, ELK stack, Open Telemetry, Micrometer metrics, etc.)
- Understanding of event driven architectures (Kafka, Flink, etc.)
- Understanding of database theory and solid experience in at least one relational of non-relational DBMS
- Attention to detail and ability to think abstractly
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills