Employee Relations Case Partner
Job Type: Full time
The Global Employee Relations organisation within HR focuses on enhancing the employee experience and developing best in class people practices firm wide. The team helps to set and implement a global vision, strategy and operating model to better understand and respond to employee needs and concerns; as well deliver exceptional employee experience. This includes partnership with the business, function, and HR leaders on an in-depth review of feedback, culture & conduct and employee experience aspects of regulatory-related deliverables. Overall, this organization spans the traditional HR lifecycle, employee engagement and broader listening strategy.
ER Support Team – Responsibilities
The ER Support team provide a service that is employee-focused and take a coaching approach to solving issues while also being commercially focused, practical, and legally compliant.
- Case Management: Execution of ER Support Case Management in EMEA (against SLAs/SOPs) in a timely and efficient manner to include informal resolution, formal performance management, capability management and other global Support related activities (negative survey follow ups, employment checks).
- Providing judgement/identifying solutions for complex/sensitive employee related matters across EMEA, primarily UK.
- Possess an understanding of issues affecting Employee Relations internally, e.g. legal restrictions, case management operational standards, etc. Ensure all activity is completed in line with SLAs, regulatory standards, GDPR and quality policies. Developing appropriate strategies to support business growth whilst ensuring adherence to operational standards and regulatory compliance.
- Conflict Resolution: Support in addressing conflicts that arise in the workplace, striving to resolve them in a positive manner that facilitates resolution for all parties.
- HR Policies and Procedures: Proactively providing guidance/training (as appropriate) to HR Partners, managers and employees and other HR stakeholders (HR Solutions, Recruitment, Compensation) on the review, interpretation and dispositioning of matters relating to HR policies and procedures.
- Process Improvement: Demonstrate a change management mindset through identification of opportunities to enhance the employee experience through process improvement and refinement of services; offer potential solutions to drive greater stakeholder satisfaction.
- Experience and demonstrated success in managing HR/ER matters in an effective and efficient manner, ideally within a global, matrixed, and complex business.
- General knowledge of UK/EMEA employment laws and regulations.
- Understanding of financial and HR related industry trends and applies them in decision making, where appropriate.
- Examines root cause and provides recommendations to mitigate repeated issues.
- Strong analytical/fact based decision-making skills combined with the ability to think innovatively.
- Possesses a risk and control mindset; follows published and tracking activities related to carrying out key responsibilities.
- Applies a consistent and appropriate level of review when decisioning cases and providing guidance and escalates appropriately.
- Recognizes the need for evolution of process and procedures to drive greater employee and stakeholder satisfaction
- Applies technical knowledge and business acumen to fact pattern and determines appropriate solution.
- Strong organizational/time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach required.
- Demonstrates superior judgment to identify and mitigate potential risks impacting the firm.
- Results-oriented; takes ownership of and drives clients and stakeholders towards an appropriate resolution of issues.
- Ability to make sound decisions under significant pressure and tight timeframe.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change with composure.
- Undergraduate Degree or CIPD qualifications preferred.