EMEA Securities Valuation - Analyst
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
Fund Services Operations
J.P. Morgan Fund Services Operations provides services including Fund Accounting, Fund Oversight, Fund Administration, Investment Operations and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. The Edinburgh Operations team provides services across Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis across multi-site client base. Fund types range from, but are not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs and Life & Pension Funds.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the daily operations for the EMEA Securities Valuation Team. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the daily workflows within the Fund Accounting Securities Valuation & Pricing Oversight team alongside oversight of all aspects of our Asset Pricing Operations offshore utilities. Incumbent should possess an understanding of Asset pricing or NAV Operations with the ability to work under pressure, producing accurate work and meeting stringent deadlines.
Key Responsibilities of the EMEA Securities Valuation Analyst
- Perform daily controls on vendor prices received from Asset and Reference Data Services.
- Perform daily systemic Fair valuation processes.
- Help team management to deliver on our strategy in line with the Global standard operating model.
- Ensure accurate event capture & processing in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be audit focused in all BAU activities.
- Comply with the firm's policies & SOPs.
- Identify & escalate all errors/exceptions upon identification.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiency.
- Exhibit effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Communicate with supervisor on problematic transactions or exceptions.
- Analytical skills
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Effective team player
- Flexibility and ability to manage change with conflicting priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Evidence of organizational and time management skills
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Effective communicator across all levels
- Previous experience in a NAV Operations environment
- IAQ Qualification (or working towards)