Sr User Experience Designer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are actively seeking an energetic and innovative Sr. UX Designer to join our group. Our team develops and refines the tools that are essential for helping our clients grow, maintain, and make their money work smarter so they can reach their financial goals. The products we design must add value and strengthen the relationship between our clients and their advisors while adding minimal complexity to their already busy lives. To do our job well, we utilize user-centered techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t.
About the Opportunity
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will leverage your deep understanding of experience design for digital products. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form our client and advisor experiences. This is a hands-on designer role. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes researchers, content writers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative financial digital products and services of all kinds, including trading and advice platforms. In addition, this role works directly with an international team located in London, Glasgow, New York, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Geneva.
- You're actively involved in defining product strategy
- You think in terms of systems and make rational design decisions
- You obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect
- You are constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better
- Your team collaboration and communication skills are unparalleled
- You’re passionate about user research and you place the customer’s needs above your own preferences
- You have a deep love for design and shaping experiences for users
- *DESIGN PORTFOLIO REQUIRED for application* - You must have a design portfolio (either online or PDF), demonstrating superior product design experiences. Please note: we will NOT consider applications without a portfolio. We also cannot access file sharing software (e.g. DropBox)
- Extensive commercial experience of UX Design
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- You can accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- You understand what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand our design systems
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the experience both visually appealing and easy to use
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
About the team
J.P. Morgan is transforming the future of private banking by incorporating strong Research and Design disciplines along with emerging technologies into the products and services we create. Our team, which sits within J.P. Morgan’s Digital Wealth Management team, serves J.P Morgan Private Bank clients as well as their Advisors. We deliver impactful experiences for over 30,000 Ultra High Net Worth Clients internationally and 45 million clients in the U.S, working alongside a global product and engineering team of over 3,000 people.
We Value Diversity
We value the unique skills of every person in our team, and we are building an organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global Design & Customer Experience team tackling big challenges that impact people and products all around the world, we want to meet you.