Governance and Oversight Associate - Investment Operations
Job Type: Full time
If you are proactive, enjoy building and managing relationships with a strong drive to achieve outcomes, this could be the role for you.
As a Governance and Oversight Associate, you will be part of a team responsible for service, transactional activity and implementing changes with a process engineering mindset. The team has access to a series of transformation drivers and will help lead the modernization of the activities within the group. The role requires a focus on the client experience, risk management and the drive to build a new team.
- Partner with colleagues based in Geneva, India and Manila to implement the oversight and governance framework for the document servicing and reconciliation activities
- Daily review and act as escalation contact for the Private Bank’s cash and stock breaks
- Partner with Risk and Control teams, internal and external auditors to provide evidence of the controls and daily activity
- Become a subject matter expert and take ownership on the processes managed by the Document Servicing and Reconciliation teams
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties to answer queries and resolve issues linked to the lifecycle of documentation servicing and reconciliation
- Understand, identify and control the risk inherent to operational activity and put in place improvement measures.
- Manage and escalate production-related issues, ensuring continuity of service while simultaneously managing effective resolution with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate across teams to leverage expertise, products, and services.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Relevant experience in an Operations team, being accountable for the daily activities and subject matter expertise is essential
- Experience of managing stakeholders, building relationships, and supporting them towards achieving the expected outcomes
- Be action and outcome driven to deliver within the given timeframes while dealing with conflicting agenda
- Expert critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/ industry knowledge
- Self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexible and proactive approach, with the ability to adapt to business change
- Strong risk and control mind-set
In addition to the above, we are most interested in what makes you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests, and achievements beyond academia/work that demonstrate the kind of person you are, and what you would bring to the team.