Senior Philanthropy Advisor
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of consumers and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in asset management, wealth management, investment banking, private equity, financial services for consumers, financial transaction processing, small business and commercial banking.
The J.P. Morgan Global Private Bank offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trusts & estates and banking capabilities. For 8 consecutive years we have been voted number 1 in the U.S. for overall private banking services by Euromoney, and we have been specifically recognized for our philanthropic advice, succession planning and family office services.
About Advice Lab
The Advice Lab is an integral part of wealth management at JPMC and is dedicated to providing clients and prospects across the wealth spectrum with differentiated advice to help them navigate their financial lives. The Advice Lab practices include: The Philanthropy Centre, Family Governance Advisory, Executive Compensation Advisory, Tax Advisory, Private Business Advisory, and Family Office & Estate Disposition modeling.
About The Philanthropy Centre
The Philanthropy Centre (TPC) of the J.P. Morgan Private Bank enhances philanthropic impact by offering our clients and their families strategic and innovative advice, thought leadership and collaborative opportunities.
In this role, TPC is looking for someone to lead philanthropic advisory strategy for the International Private Bank in EMEA. Additionally, this role will counsel ultra-high-net-worth clients with philanthropic intent who are looking to increase impact, collaborate with others and implement strategic philanthropic programs. As a member of the Philanthropy Centre, philanthropic advisors act as thought leaders in various sectors of philanthropy, nonprofit areas and public policy. Advisors also provide information on emerging trends in philanthropy through publications and organized forums for peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Contribute to new business development for asset management, in collaboration with banking teams and product specialists by providing philanthropic advice. Work across a broad spectrum within the private bank, including: individuals and families; private foundations; donor advised funds; and public charity endowments.
- Advise on best practices in philanthropic giving, including: trends in philanthropy; philanthropic vehicle selection; vision and mission statements; funding guidelines; operating procedures; governance matters; succession issues; and strategic grant making.
- Manage ongoing relationships with select donors who require intensive grant making services to ensure that they receive high quality donor-focused grant making services.
- Maintain a strong professional and community network and broad understanding of the target market community to build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects.
- Plan, facilitate and speak at donor educational forums, board meetings and other client activities designed to highlight best practices in philanthropy
- Lead/facilitate board trainings or meetings with clients and their families
The qualified candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in non-profit organization, foundation or related work
- Experience in sales and marketing a plus, particularly if conducted within the financial industry/client advisor
- Strong presentation skills, both written and oral
- Creative problem-solving abilities that generate new ideas and can adjust to meet changing needs
- Ability to connect with a broad range of perspectives
- Strong leadership and clear judgment in addition to being a strong influencer and facilitator
- Willingness to travel for business
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced corporate setting
For more information or to express interest, please send your resume to Ollie Shirtcliff at Ollie.Shirtcliff@jpmchase.com.