Software Engineer - Python
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
The public cloud team is responsible for engineering and operating the cloud infrastructure and platforms of JPMC ensuring reliability, resiliency, and security. We have a Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability position to build the infrastructure and tooling for JPMC’s Public Cloud Platform. In this role, you’ll be working on the design and development of the foundation public cloud platform and control plane that covers provisioning, telemetry, networking and integration into firm-wide services.
- Engage in and improve the lifecycle of cloud services from inception, design, deployment, and operation
- Automate repeated manual tasks, develop tools and automation to improve the efficiency of the platform and infrastructure.
- Analyze defects, propose improvements and drive efficiencies in systems and processes.
- Helps to develop new cloud engineering strategies and implementations for the firm
- As part of Site Reliability, you have the responsibility of ensuring the reliability, availability, and performance of the cloud infrastructure and platform.
- Develop observability and telemetry tools.
- Author and improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
- Debug and solve issues in a production environment
- Participates in SRE on-call rotations and escalation workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical qualification or professional experience.
- Experience in software engineering and development.
- Proficiency in programming with one or more of following languages - Python, Java, or Go.
- Knowledge in Infrastructure as Code, tools such as Terraform
- Experience with developing on Cloud, especially AWS.
- Systematic problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- AWS/GCP certifications will be a bonus.