Software Engineer - Python
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The public cloud team is responsible for engineering and operating the cloud infrastructure and platforms of JPMC ensuring reliability, resiliency, and security. We have a Software Engineer position to build the infrastructure and tooling for JPMC’s Public Cloud Platform. In this role, you’ll be working on the design and development of the foundation public cloud platform and control plane that covers provisioning, telemetry, networking and integration into firm-wide services.
- Engage in and improve the lifecycle of cloud services from inception, design, deployment, and operation
- Automate repeated manual tasks, develop tools and automation to improve the efficiency of the platform and infrastructure.
- Analyze defects, propose improvements and drive efficiencies in systems and processes.
- Helps to develop new cloud engineering strategies and implementations for the firm
- Develop observability and telemetry tools.
- Author and improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical qualification or professional experience.
- Experience in software engineering and development.
- Proficiency in programming with one or more of following languages - Python, Java, or Go.
- Knowledge in Infrastructure as Code, tools such as Terraform
- Experience with developing on Cloud, especially AWS.
- Systematic problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- AWS/GCP certifications will be a bonus.