Cloud Data Architect – Global Shares
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Cloud Data Architects to join our newly acquired business, Global Shares (a J.P. Morgan Company). The Global Shares Transaction was announced on March 15, 2022. Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle, and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations globally.
What we will offer you/ What you can expect:
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
We are looking for a world class Data Architect who is extremely passionate about building top-tier data solutions. This is a hands-on position where you will get to experiment with emerging technologies and build proof of concepts to aid in Architecture and Delivery decision making.
We specialize in the delivery of high quality web-based, API and mobile applications for participants and administrators for equity-based incentive and share plans. At the heart of these applications is data management, including input, output and processing of large dat sets. We are headquartered in Ireland and we also have a high-calibre software development team located in Portugal. We are looking for a Software Architect interested in working on a market leading large scale cloud platform and helping us to advance our technology road map in one of our software development offices.
This is a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with like-minded Architects on designing new solutions for an expanding global platform. You will help define technical data direction and strategy, while guiding engineering teams to build innovative, scalable and robust solutions on a range of customer facing platforms.
What the role will involve:
- Evolve existing data model to improve scalability, maintainability and data integrity
- Drive ETL process revolution to produce world class reporting and BI solutions
- Lead/architect/advise on data projects
- Provide executive level updates on data architecture projects
- Monitor technology evolution and make technology roadmap recommendations
- Help define and deliver a world class data technology roadmap.
- Provide inception to aid product and development decisions
- Build proof of concepts (PoC) solutions to aid decision making
- Collaborates with product team to produce high level design and time estimates
- Collaborates with delivery team to ensure designs are fully understood and implemented appropriately
- Assist Delivery team and review deliverables
- Assist Pre-sales, provide integration support with Partners, and liaise with customers technical teams.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Significant experience in big data, database and data warehouse architecture and delivery
- Experience in a Data Architecture position
- Extensive experience building ETL processes, including the associated tooling
- Data modelling and data architecture design
- Use of cloud native services to solve big data challenges.
- Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing using Azure services
- Experience migrating monolith applications to a microservice architecture
- Estimation and risk escalation knowledge and experience
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database systems like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS
- Practical experience in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ability to quickly and efficiently diagnose issues
- Constantly looking for ways to improve quality and maintainability
- Knowledge of how best to achieve performance optimizations
- Knowledge of technical architecture is a plus (design the layout of IT systems, data communication and system integration)
- Provide technical leadership and innovation
- Strong understanding of microservices
Nice to haves/let us support your upskilling:
- Knowledge/Experience in the following (or equivalent) is advantageous: Azure Storage, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, HDInsight, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Catalog, Cosmo Db, Azure Functions, ARM Templates, Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, Cognos or Sisense.