Quality Assurance Automation Engineer – Global Shares
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Quality Assurance Automation Engineers to join our newly acquired business, Global Shares (a J.P. Morgan Company). The Global Shares Transaction was announced on March 15, 2022. Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle, and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations globally.
What we will offer you:
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
Why we need you:
- Software testing is required to identify defects and errors that were made during the SDLC.
- Testing improves product reliability and stability, which in turn improves customer satisfaction in the application.
- Testing is necessary in order to provide accurate, consistent and reliable results for each release.
- Testing is required to validate the application is fit to use.
- Testing early helps to ensure issues are identified as early as possible, this reduces costs to other area of the business.
- Test Automation reduces time and effort and automation increases test coverage.
- Helps measure reliability and stability.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the creation of functional and regression test suites
- Analyse test results, record test activities and track defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate project status.
- Manage priorities and set expectation when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- Work as part of a Scrum team in an Agile development process
- Take part in all Scrum activities
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in using test automation tools for web applications & API
- Experience in creating test automation with UI & API based automation frameworks
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (.NET, Java etc.)
- Experience testing REST API
- Experience in testing frameworks essential(MStest, XUnit, TestNG etc)
- Have a strong QA base, knowledge in testing types & practices
- Proficient in testing techniques.
- Have a strong knowledge on all phases of testing.
- Previous coding experience essential
- Experience working in and Agile environment on a Scrum team essential
- Ability to use initiative and willing to generate ideas to continuously refine testing processes to improve quality.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- ISTQB Certification is advantageous