CIB Operations – UK Outsourcing Governance Vice President – Bournemouth or London
Job Type: Full time
UK Outsourcing Governance Vice President - 603
Role: CIB Operations – UK Outsourcing Governance Vice President – Bournemouth or London
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Department Description: This position is within the UK Outsourcing Governance team responsible for the regulatory governance framework that supports the SMF24's prescribed responsibilities for Outsourcing in accordance with PRA / FCA requirements.
Job description: The UK Outsourcing Governance Vice President will be responsible for:
- Enhancing the governance framework that supports the SMF24 in discharge of their prescribed responsibility for outsourcing under the PRA’s policy and supervisory statement on Outsourcing and third party risk management
- Delivering the local governance requirements as set out in the firmwide framework, including the management of the key components of the UK Outsourcing policy supplement; materiality process, UK governance forums and engagement with local contacts
- Delivering the outsourcing risk aggregation framework, including the management of input of new engagements and risks, onward reporting of outsourcing risk to Governance forums and escalation to senior management as required.
- Building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships with businesses, CTPO, Legal, Compliance and Risk partners and other local governance frameworks
- Managing the changing regulatory environment in order to understand its impact on our operations and as a result, develop local frameworks accordingly.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including the ability to:
- Actively demonstrate accountability, responsibility & ownership for managing own actions & workload
- Build relationships and lead through others across functions and geographies to expand influence and knowledge
- Communicate with all levels of Business, Operational and Technology partners
- Ensure awareness of and compliance with relevant policies, controls, regulations and escalation protocols
- Working with the Head of UK Outsourcing Governance to build strong and collaborative relationships with Senior Managers, SMF delegates and Outsourcing Accountable Managers across multiple lines of businesses
- Working with the Head of UK Outsourcing to ensure awareness of, and compliance with, relevant policies, controls, regulations and escalation protocols. Supporting the Head of UK Outsourcing in developing relevant risk controls
- Escalating to, and working with, SMFs and their delegates in relation to relevant outsourcing risks, providing appropriate information and MI. Lead on the delivery of outsourcing risk reporting to monthly UK Outsourcing forum
- Build strong stakeholder relationships to ensure risks identified are discussed, documented and escalated as appropriate
- Identify, build & implement additional efficiency opportunities within the function
- Deliver through wider team on the UK governance and risk reporting framework
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written, with the ability to flex communication style depending on audience and circumstances
- Initiative – taking the lead in a dynamic environment, being flexible to a change and seizing new opportunities where appropriate
- Strong control mindset & attention to detail
- Quality - Drive ongoing enhancement of governance framework, including continued development of consistent best practice and governance protocols
- Client/ Customer Focus - Support to key stakeholders / partners - work in partnership with Lines of Business and Corporate Functions to continue to enhance / develop a collaborative approach within the UK governance model
- Experience in an investment banking regulatory, compliance or operational team is desirable
- Able to demonstrate working in a control focused environment
- Demonstrated leadership and ability over process and control, both over established and required enhancements
- Attested track record of working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload
Happy to talk flexible working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.