Global Rates - EMEA Swaps Automated Trading Strategies - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
The electronic trading strategist will work as part of the Macro ATS front-office team on the trading floor, covering Interest Rate Products, Currencies, Commodities and Emerging Markets. The environment is fast-paced and challenging. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team to drive the desk's profitability.
The individual needs to work closely with various business teams to drive revenue and expand the business. Apart from that, he/she is also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some on call time will be expected.
- Create/modify/implement algorithmic orders to execute on behalf of clients as well as internal manual traders.
- Work closely with technology to develop cutting edge low latency infrastructure that meets business needs in a scalable manner.
- Derive automatic hedging solutions with risk managers to extract the best values out of our flows.
- Intelligently utilize internal and non-public sources of liquidity to minimize the impact of algorithmic order execution.
- Create generic and bespoke post-trade transaction cost analysis models and reports for evaluation algorithmic order executions.
- Create pre-trade transaction cost analysis to help clients choose algorithmic orders for appropriate execution.
- Perform statistical analysis of algorithmic order execution for internal use and to drive iterative improvements.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Must be oriented towards careful system and solution design and implementation.
- These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading.
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn.
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on object-oriented programming language (C++, Java, C#, etc.) and Python.
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involves frequent interaction with different teams in the firm and lots of non-technical users.
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product terminology.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Eager to look for new ways of doing things and able to understand the benefits of leveraging the firm’s scale.
- Understands the different types of risk and able to discuss in detail ways of managing these risks.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies.
- Macro markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology is useful but not essential.
- Experience of working with electronic venues
- English fluency is essential
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.