Senior Java Software Engineering - Macro eTrading - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Senior Software Engineering (Vice President), your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
The Macro eTrading team partners with Global FICC businesses to provide solutions for electronic trading on client and dealer markets. We are based predominantly in London and NYC but also maintain a presence in Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Houston, Buenos Aires, Mumbai and Bangalore, and the businesses we support span the globe. We cover several functional domains including front-end tooling, pricing, low latency market making, algorithmic execution, automated hedging, low latency order and market data connectivity, risk-management and STP. As such, we are a diverse group of project managers, business analysts, and developers (front-end and back-end). Our systems facilitate the electronic trading of many products on the client markets, brokers, OTC venues and exchanges, the majority of which are securities and derivatives.
We are looking for a core developer to work on several exciting green field projects for the global FICC businesses. The projects cover both continuous business growth/expansion and transformation initiatives, touching everything end-2-end from pricing, execution to risk management. The developer will be working closely with the business end-user to develop the most strategic and revolutionary trading solution across the street. which is designed to be the flagship next-generation trading application for JPMC that runs on the most cutting-edge technology as well as support multiple platforms seamlessly (desktop, mobile, web).
The candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work with a geographically diverse team.
- Understand requirements, solve technical problems, propose complete solutions
- Design, develop and test software following standard SDLC
- Support PMs, BAs and management as technical SME
- Define and implement non-functional requirements
- Help team identify improvements to make to our systems and processes
Qualities, Skills & Experience
- Strong in Core Java, Spring, SQL, Unix, Design pattern, Unit Testing, Threading and Messaging
- Understand Modern Software Architecture and framework, interests in Cloud computing, Machine learning and Data Science Skills
- Understand Multi-Threading, Realtime system implementation
- Understand Socket Programming couple
- Understand Connectivity Protocols, like FIX
- Understand Low-Latency event-driven systems
- Understand Design Patterns and Software Architectures
- Understand Fundamental computer science principles including operation system, network, data structure and algorithm
- Professional experience on Trading application in Fixed-Income, Macro, Equities, Credit
- Professional experience working with Traders, Sales and Operation
- Energetic, motivated and determined
- Pragmatic and results-oriented
- Adaptable to diverse set of technical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Productive and able to manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Electronic trading systems
- AMPS, TIBCO RV, LBM, JMS, MQ or other messaging middleware
- Distributed caches
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.