Middle Office Control Manager - VP (Vice President)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The IBOR London Control Manager will own the IBOR Control Center of Excellence.
Core responsibilities include oversight governance of seeding, reconciliation and processing of offshore teams, product management for system health check and data quality, and ownership and collaboration between Product, Operations, Technology, and Front Office teams.
The candidate will be expected to manage both a Controlproduct and a program and coordinateacross processes to support the organization’s strategic direction for JPMAM’s Middle Office. The candidate must be able to organizeproduct & project deliverables and activities in accordance with the strategic direction and goals of the organization, evaluate method to assess program strengths and identify areas of improvements, manage a team with diverse array of talents and responsibilities, produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle as well as analyze program risks.
The candidate will be expected to manage a program and product for the Control team and coordinate across regions and processes and LOB’s to support the organization’s strategic direction for JPMAM’s Middle Office. The candidate must be able to organize project deliverables and activities in accordance with the strategic direction and goals of the organization, evaluate method to assess program strengths and identify areas of improvements, manage a team with diverse array of talents and responsibilities, produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle, build strong relationships with agile developers, as well as analyze program risks.
The candidate will need to ensure partnership and alignment with our Middle Office and Technology to ensure delivery of real value to our business partners and the firm while also gaining a deep understanding of the intricacies behind what and why the business operates the way it does.
- Develop agile based Control Product for AM organization creating necessary standards, tools and best practices in a clearly document form
- Support programs that intersect with the Control team from both a support and dependency lens
- Develop strong relationships and governance with offshore control support teams
- Strong ownership mentality and ability to work through and around dependencies and/or issues that arise
- Participate and support initial development pilots during the initial phases of the product
- Organize and facilitate product planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support Middle Office change team, development managers and product leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed product plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Adapting product plans, schedules, and assignments as required throughout product phases
- Experience in multi-year complex program management or strategy implementation within a financial services or operations environment
- Control and ownership mindset, ability to think tactically and strategically from a Program and Product view
- In depth knowledge of Asset Management or Investment management products, services, market instruments and conventions
- Must have experience with large program management and working with multiple teams
- Ability to manage different complex stakeholder map including senior stakeholders in the Business (i.e Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Management), Technology, Operations, Legal and Compliance
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Strong analytical skills with experience in using objective data to drive recommendations
- Must be able to concisely explain complex issues and possess a strong written and oral communication skills and be able to present to senior management
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting platforms (preferred)
- Understanding of end to end Fund Accounting operating models (preferred)
- Proficient in designing Business Process Modeling (BPM) and Business Decision Modeling (BDM)
- Experience with MS Office Applications required (Excel / Powerpoint) and Alteryx (Preferred)