AI Research Product Manager Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About AI Research
The goal of J.P. Morgan AI Research is to explore and advance cutting-edge research in AI, including ML as well as related fields like Cryptography, to develop and discover principles of impact to J.P. Morgan’s clients and businesses. J.P. Morgan AI Research has assembled a team of experts in many fields of AI. They pursue primary research in areas related to our research pillars as well as concrete problems related to financial services. They partner with internal teams to accelerate the adoption of AI within the firm. They also work with leading academic faculty around the world on areas of mutual interest. The team is headquartered in New York and present in London, the Bay Area and Madrid. Conducting AI research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact -- as a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within J.P. Morgan but also to the broader AI community.
AI Product Management
The AI Research team has made tremendous progress along its research and business transformation agenda, since being established in 2018. The team is now further accelerating its agenda towards business impact. The AI Research Product Managers drive business adoption of novel AI technologies and approaches, working closely with the AI Researchers. As a Product Manager, you will drive product vision, work closely with our cross-functional teams to define key outcomes and guide the team through key milestones. We’re looking for strong entrepreneurial product managers who have a strong interest for AI and Machine Learning and the role it plays in the financial services industry, can think big and execute on that vision, and excel in ambiguity.
As an AI Product Manager, you are expected to:
- Identify and prioritize selected key areas of focus for AI business transformation
- Execute on product roadmaps through engagements with prospects, customers, designers & engineers
- Define and agree vision for the AI transformation effort, high level roadmap and measures of success
- Drive engagement with business stakeholders, prioritizing demands and managing expectations influencing decisions through the use of data and logic
- Publicize AI capabilities by organizing workshops, symposiums, showcases and other knowledge sharing activities
- Liaise with product marketing to proactively create product launches and drive adoption and engagement with products
- Build and syndicate business cases, including required investment for transformation
- Establish and coordinate working groups and help remove roadblocks
- Define engagement model with key stakeholders, including Applied AI and technology teams
- Drive initial pilot and path to production
- Drive overall adoption, senior stakeholders’ updates and business impact
- Help making solution generic and finding additional business customers
- Demonstrated understanding of financial industry services
- Demonstrated professional experience in product management, management consulting, strategy, project management or related field
- Experience working with and learning about cross-functional teams (e.g. Technology, Business, Finance, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative[MNP1]
- Understanding of data & machine learning
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- A mindset for continuous improvement and ability to switch between big picture and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and collaborative working approach.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related topics
- Working knowledge of AI & ML tasks and techniques.
- Experience in working with industrial research labs within financial services or other industries
- Ability to handle projects and prioritize accordingly, working well under pressure and tight deadlines.