Architecture Senior Lead
Job Type: Full time
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You will have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
In GTI Architecture our goal is to accelerate our evolution into a software-based infrastructure, creating the policies, tools and processes that our development teams can leverage; GTI Architecture delivers innovative, high quality, cost effective, fit-for-purpose infrastructure technology solutions for application partners firm wide. You will work as part of a strong, supportive team to create, review and apply solutions based on our long term strategy, while guiding the organization towards a strategic target state.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Demonstrable influencing skills that can create a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent implementation
* Creating effective partnerships, cooperating with clients, leaders across our business, and application architects to define technology and architecture roadmaps
* Possessing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of multi-platform technical environments. Serve as a leader, consultant, mentor, or tutor in technical architecture areas of expertise to staff
* Have a broad and deep expertise in software and infrastructure architecture or equivalent amount of time in development with a minimum of five years focused on large system development and with a good understanding of infrastructure
* Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, including ability to negotiate compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations as well as interact effectively with peers and management across diverse cultures and fast-pace environment
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines, knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
* Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.