CB - Project Manager - WKO - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements with periodic work from home and non-standard business hours, fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
The WKO Program Execution team is an integral part of Wholesale KYC Operations in D&PS. The program team executes and delivers projects which have cross Line of Business impact in the delivery of requirements to satisfy the firm’s Know Your Customer (KYC) standards – to help prevent money laundering by criminal and terrorist organizations. We partner with Global Financial Crimes Compliance, all JPMorgan Lines of Business and their KYC Officers, Client Owners and other functions such as Chief Data Office, as well as Client Reference Data Operations to support and maintain the integrity of our Client KYC information and ensure this is shared with governmental, regulatory and crime fighting partners as appropriate.
The WKO Program Execution team is seeking an experienced Project Manager who will work with the local and global management teams and have responsibility for leading and supporting the 5AMLD Program.
Do you want to apply your project management skills to provide a real contribution to the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing? The WKO Program Execution team is responsible for the management and delivery of critical regulatory and business programs. Currently, this role is to support the regulatory 5AMLD Program led out of Bournemouth. The Program’s objective is to address all aspects of 5AMLD across the EMEA region where JPM does business and with it put in place key mechanisms to help mitigate money laundering by criminal and terrorist organizations.
The program is currently focused on delivering Account Reporting capabilities across a number of European countries, with the requirements varying by country in terms of complexity, the data each regulator is demanding, and both the mechanism and frequency for delivering that data. Managing this requires strong leadership across multiple Lines of Business, Functional Groups, Geographic Jurisdictions, and Technology Platforms and means managing ambiguity effectively and necessitates excellent communication across diverse stakeholder groups.
The individual will need to collaborate with a variety of internal clients and subject matter experts at every level of the organization and solicit and validate views from senior leaders and executives, and supporting business unit managers. You will also be required to interact with external regulators to help clarify requirements, participate in interactive Q&A sessions, etc.
- Working with SMEs and key business users, obtain, review and understand project requirements so that you can effectively lead the project, assess risks and issues and actively help solve problems that may arise
- Identify the key stakeholders required to deliver the project and work effectively with this stakeholder group to formulate and agree delivery plans and execute on these plans
- Lead meetings, workshops & presentations, at the operational and project level; work with program management to help prioritise work across impacted areas.
- Provide continuous feedback on plan status; ensure information is shared and issues addressed; always focusing on ensuring work tracks to original expectations
- Facilitate and actively partake in in-depth requirement walkthroughs with Technology, Operations & Testing partners to ensure robust solutions are delivered to meet the specified business requirements
- Provide robust change management for the project, ensuring any requirement changes are appropriately impacted, prioritized and accommodated
- Actively identify, manage & escalate Risks, Issues & Dependencies, whilst continuing to own mitigation.
- Function as an escalation point for wider stakeholder issues to make all parties aware of overall project impact, facilitating management decisions at the earliest opportunity
- Collaborate with LOBs, Consumers, and Technology to ensure root cause analysis is determined when issues are identified during Testing and/or in Production.
- Quickly assimilate data to help generate summary/detailed level diagnosis, including understanding the end to end process and controls
- Identify opportunities to improve and streamline Governance and Control activities and then drive through changes to implement those changes.
Skills and Qualifications
- An excellent grounding in general Project Management and Business Analysis skills are a pre-requisite.
- An excellent understanding of project requirements, project delivery process, testing success factors, and implementation guidelines.
- A broad, firm-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal & visualization, coupled with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization, influence others & gain consensus
- Have great attention to detail, a naturally inquisitive approach to problem solving, and a very high quality bar.
- Must be very efficient in the use of Microsoft Power Point and Excel.
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT change initiatives.
- Team player able to work effectively as part of a hardworking, close-knit team.
- Ability to be flexible, work to tight deadlines and prioritise work.
- Result oriented attitude with a track record of high quality deliverables.
- A motivated, experienced self-starter approach with an excellent problem solving mind-set - ability to drive a positive action orientated approach to define and broker solutions and resolve conflict across teams.
- Ability to work across different geographies, cultures, time zones and drive effective teamwork/collaboration to formulate and deliver solutions to stakeholders.
- A basic understanding the KYC processes and associated KYC systems would be advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, professional project management certification or equivalent work experience.