Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Software Engineering (Java)
Job Type: Full time
This is a great opportunity to join a Realtime Account Information Service (RAISe) feature team to deliver various transformation projects in Account Services Franchised Account Services Technology (FAST). RAISe will deliver confirmed intraday cash postings and account related information from iDDA to JP Morgan's cash management and client reporting functions, enabling a shift from a batch end of day to intraday cash management/reconciliation and liquidity control. iDDA is the golden source of confirmed transaction postings and account balances for both internal and client accounts. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. The FAST team sits within the Wholesale Payments Technology Account Services team, which is part of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). This is a Strategic multi-year investment working on multiple use cases at the cutting edge. Hence we are looking for passionate Software Engineers in order to build our new capabilities and extend our existing capabilities. In return, the candidate will be able to gain experience of development using a modern technology stack, and in the process gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A desire to work on a mature Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- A willingness to actively particulate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices, continuous availability.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
- An aspiration to become a T-shaped, full-stack developer.
- Participation in the out-of-hours support callout rota, providing production support cover. Technical expertise includes:
- A strong background in Java and experience in developing multi-threaded applications is essential.
- Experience of Spring JDBC and SQL is required, together with a working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Experience of Continuous Integration technologies, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Mocks, JMeter, JUnit, etc. is expected.
- Proficiency in working with the Linux OS and scripts is require.
- An interest in underlying physical infrastructure is advantageous.