Business Process Engineering - Business Analyst - Associate - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Data Analytics and Applied AI & ML at JPMorgan CIB
The Data Analytics Team at JPMorgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company’s unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. We strive to be leaders in technological innovation by deploying cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML) techniques and driving the first adoption of strategic platforms such as OmniAI and cloud. At the same time, culture matters to us and we have worked hard to foster a community amongst all AI and ML practitioners firm-wide to promote sharing, collaboration, learning and, most importantly, fun.
The CIB Applied AI & ML program is responsible for identifying opportunities with business and operations partners where AI / ML solutions can be deployed across the organization to realize operational efficiency, enhance client service and improve the control environment.
Business Process Engineering Team Background
The Business Process Engineering team sits within Digital Tools pillar of the CIB Applied AI / ML program and drives a portfolio of programs focused on centralizing, streamlining and managing data, business processes and taxonomy across the CIB. The Business Process Engineering team is accountable to work with cross-functional teams based in Corporate, CIB Operations, CIB Technology, and CIB Data Analytics to drive various sub-streams of the program to ensure success. This role is part of a multi-year initiative to deliver an integrated solution to model, analyse, and optimise our processes, controls and design decisions. The role is responsible for all phases of Business Process Taxonomy & Management, from planning and documentation to analysis and optimisation of processes to improve the target operating models of various line of businesses & digitizing business rules at scale.
The team is seeking a high performing Associate candidate to play a key role in the Business Process Engineering team based out of Bournemouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a broad range of business process design and taxonomy management activities across the group, look for automation opportunities to constantly improve the way the team operates by leading the definition of the firm wide standards for Business Process Management, Business Decision Modelling and Taxonomy.
This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to new operating model solutions being implemented across DPS and will require partnership with representatives from across the organization including Business, Finance, Operations and Technology groups, as well as working with external stakeholders, i.e., vendors.
Key responsibilities include
- Cross organizational transformation through the development and implementation of sound business architecture principles
- Work in partnership with cross-functional SMEs to identify efficiency opportunities where business process optimization can leveraged to reduce manual processes
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the business, project managers and technologists to articulate business rules, data models, and document and design processes
- Drive simplification of operating models, and standardization or consolidation of key activities, leveraging emerging technologies to solve complex business problems
- Serve as a subject matter expert in process modeling for the operations community and lead line of business modelers to ensure they deliver consistent, high-quality, on-time work
- Work in partnership with Business SMEs and technology to capture the details of the various control processes at a level that reflects the actual flow within the technical stack
- Act as the point of contact for all questions / queries related to the Business Process and taxonomy programs and provide coaching in support of defined operating model requirements
- Drive the program governance and ownership of key messaging to stakeholders and senior management across the organization
- Partnering with representatives from across the organization including Business, Finance, Operations and Technology groups, as well as potentially working with external partners
Required Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a proven record of Business Process transformation and taxonomy management and business analysis leadership within a Financial Services environment. They must be able to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving and have excellent written and oral communication skills. The individual should be confident in dealing with staff at all levels, with a “can-do” personality to ensure issues get resolved and a strong sense of ownership. We work to fixed deadlines set both internally / externally so it is crucial that the candidate is able to work under pressure.
- Financial Services experience with Business Process, Decision Modelling and taxonomy skill set and tools
- Experience in working with standard modelling notations including Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN 2.0) or Decision Modelling Notation (DMN 1.2) preferred
- Have a proven track record of Project / Change management delivery and Business Analysis leadership
- Strong analytical ability, with experience in analysing and synthesizing large data sets and business processes
- Ability to manage a large portfolio of projects to maintain velocity and ensure targets are achieved
- Exceptional organizational skills, be able to prioritize demands/tasks based on priority level
- Strong understanding of project lifecycle, supporting documentation and control related requirements
- Strong level of proficiency with a Business Process Modelling tool (e.g. Signavio, Lombardi Blueprint, IBM Blueworks, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), demonstrate a good understanding of data analytics and visualization tools (Alteryx, QlikView, Tableau) to support development of automation opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and capable of developing strong story boards to support senior management update
The candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Knowledge of operational functions across the Banking, Markets, or Post-trade is a major plus
- Self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude and strong work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and handle high stress while maintaining accuracy in tight deadlines
- Team leader, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams and interact with all staff levels
- Knowledge of Design Thinking principles, UX and Service Design
- Experience with a Process Modelling and/or Decision Modelling is a plus (e.g. BPMN, DMN, Camunda)
- Knowledge in data science/analytics